Friday, April 10, 2009

Why Small scale renewable energy?

When I talk about small scale RE I am talking about ordinary people like you and me having a small wind turbine or some type of solar energy collection system be it photovoltaic or water heating, power stations that burn fossil fuel, nuclear reactors all will go the way of the dinosaur and the future is small scale or community cooperative micro power stations that only serve its local community or neighbourhood.
And why should we move away from the corporate power companey's?
Here are my reasons....

Energy Independence and self Sufficiency.

Strikes and Black-outs.

Terrorism and globalisation.. producing our own local energy decreases the threat from terrorists or wrong do-ers damaging our power distribution networks like power stations or power lines..

Having a green Philosophy being independent from corporate control encouraging local ownership of RE systems even cooperatives and keeping it all at a community level.

Not to mention the financial benefits.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, I really appreciate it and I just wanted to leave a comment to say that I enjoy your blog.
    Solar Power System Installation
    Solar Arizona

    ReplyDelete